Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 10, 2018

[Mrs. Y Reviews] Sacrificial Love by Sorcha Rowan

Book Cover from Amazon.com
What does love mean to you? Is it something small that you are striving towards? Or is it something that you think you know, just don't have anymore? 


“Sacrificial Love” by Sorcha Rowan is one of the few things I have read that deeply stirred my heart, and reminded me again why it is I love the man I do.  Isn’t that what stories are supposed to do, to connect to the reader and make them feel things they never thought or maybe even forgot about?

This one did for me, the truest form of love takes many risks when a pair of lovers are deeply in it.  I finished the short story “Sacrificial Love” and instantly felt a deep connection to the point of the story. 

I’m going to do my best to not spoil this, but it’s so very good, and the premise is inviting and unique. It reminds me of Indiana Jones but mixed with elements of the supernatural which bring a beautiful premise to the fullest. While I am not going to get into the spoilers part, I can say that the main point, is the beauty that true love will do whatever must be done to find its equilibrium. Sometimes people get together in gooey romantic ways for example while, other times, its two people who have a deep connection and some little dude in a loin cloth is forcing their hand. It invoked thoughts of me of ‘what is it to be in love’ and ‘why is romance important’ because it helps me to cherish what I care about.

Here is, however, my final thoughts on this story. I am someone who deeply is in love with their soulmate and life partner, and has been for years with one very good man. If you ever want to know what that feels like, even for a moment, or if you have that in your life, then this story may give you what you want for a few fleeting moments. It touched my heart, and I cried with a lot of love and emotion. I cannot imagine what it would be like to not have him. Love is powerful, and intimate pure love is like fire and should be tended well to keep the hearth burning.

I do have one tiny little warning for you guys. If you do not like erotica, or you aren’t a fan of paranormal stuff in your romance, this will not be the kind of story to read. But, even if that is the case, you may be cheating yourself from something great by skipping this story.


I give this story a beautiful 95/100. It’s short, but it’s perfectly lovely, and it touched my heart today. I hope it touches yours and makes you long for the love you have, or had, or will have someday.