Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 1, 2019

[Mrs Y Blogs] It's good to be back

Hello everyone!

I firstly want to thank all of my wonderful readers and friends who follow for reading this post because it's good to be back. I have had a very long time trying to get my headaches under control, and back to reading again. I've done some self-reflection in the process and I am feeling a lot better.

Going forward here is a list of what I am doing to prevent another headache situation, and also to update everyone on some changes I'm making to the blog and reviewing.

1. I'm posting for the next month until I'm sure that I am back into the swing of things, only one day a week. The reason for once a week reviewing, I'm going to be getting new eyeglasses and I want to be sure that my new prescription has a gentle breaking in. I was at one time powering threw up to five books a week, and that was a lot. Now, I need to go at my own pace, or I have a bad feeling I will get sidelined again.

2. I'm going to be posting not only here, but thanks to a wonderful invitation, also on The Reading Desk. I would like to thank Peter for kindly inviting me to do so. I'll be including links to posts on Twitter and I'm super excited to do this.

3. I am going to be participating in some fellow Reviewer invitations to read some books. More to come on this, but what it means is that some of my requested reading logs will be backdated a bit because I am going to be fitting them in as I go.

4. Coming soon, an update to my Reading Request Policy, more to come as I do that. I just wanted to mention it in case anyone was wondering.

5. I'm no longer going to be an Amazon Affiliate. It didn't work out, no one actually bought anything at all, and it wasn't a help. That said, I am still taking donations if you want to help me out buying books from authors who cannot afford to send me a copy. If you are interested, the link to my donation page will be on my blog page if you click home, or click here.

6. I may take longer than the summer to get through my TBR. To be fully honest I have no idea how long this will take me, and I hope you can all forgive me. With that said, if you are a writer who sent me a book to review, and you would like to remove your request, please email me and let me know. I totally understand why you may be upset about the situation, I realize I made a lot of promises to get reviews done much sooner, and I am sorry that I didn't get to them all in time. I do not have a team of people helping me read and write reviews, it's just me here alone doing them for free. I am trying, but I understand if you are not happy about the situation.

That's about it for me my friends. It's good to be back. I will have a review up later today if all goes well.

Thank you for following and reading this! Here's to a new start at reading and reviewing.

Mrs. Y.