Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 26, 2019

[Mrs Y Reviews] Driven by Fire by Eden Rayna

Book Cover via Amazon.com
Today we are reviewing a book that is spicy and sweet at the same time. Eden Rayna asked me to give an honest review of "Driven by Fire," and I picked it up on Kindle Unlimited.

Fun fact, my husband, Mr. Y was a long-haul truck driver for a long time, and once upon a time, I went with him for two weeks to find out more about how it worked. With this added bit of knowledge, the story took me to that memory of my two-week road trip, and I appreciated the memory. However, I need to point out, and the book does frequently, that said truck driver in this novel is not your typical truck driver at all. There is no way in the period of hauling and moving things, DOT inspections, or having stuff shift during driving, that anyone could have a front cabin as clean as the one described. I'm a neat freak, I tried, and nope not even I could do that.

Thus, I want to thank Eden for making this story fun for me and giving it a life and fiction touch that was so loving and wonderful.

Now, on with the review! The first impressions were all good, especially considering the background I have. "Driven by Fire" is an erotic romance novel, but it has an excellent plot and a lot of well-grounded meaning. The story starts with our female love interest and the life she has. The reader is taken on a journey where she and the male love interest discover what they love about life but also what it means to fall in love. I was hooked from moment one, and I found the story compelling.

Into the critiques, and I have only one. This critique falls under the "Cliche Much" category, and it comes with most romance novels. If they can have sex, they will, that's the cliche, and it's all over this story. Now don't get me wrong, if you love erotic romance novels, this is the buffet feast of tantailzing tidbits. But if you are more like I am, and you don't mind one or two scenes, but you want more plot than the physical, well, this might get tedious. It became tiresome to me. Now, I'm weird, and I'll admit that freely but I think this book needs to be more on the genre of Erotica and less on the Contemporary romance only because of the amount of highly detailed physical intimacy. That's it, that's my only critique, and you may find that a plus, so please keep on reading!

Now onto what I truly enjoyed about "Driven by Fire." Firstly, under the "Whole Story" portion of my reviews, this is a wonderful full meal of a story. You get a beautifully done opening and a very well-founded middle section, and the ending comes together very nicely. It never feels rushed, the plot moves rather well, though there are times that I wanted more. All threads resolved, and I had a full understanding of what was going on.

My second positive mention comes from the "Story Structure, Foundation, and Presentation" category, and I truly loved everything about the style of the book on the e-reader copy I got from Kindle Unlimited. It has clean margins, the font is a right size on default, the spelling and grammar are perfection, the UI looks great, and the book reads without eye bending pain.

My last and biggest compliment comes from the "Lost in Translation" section of my reviewing categories. This category is for times that people use jargon or technical pieces to describe stuff in a novel. I never was confused. There are some bits about truck driving that I had no problem imagining. There were bits about restaurant work I had no problem with either. The one thing that I use this category for in regards to erotica or romance novels is the physical intimacy moments. If the detailed sex scenes are complicated and not realistic, even in Newton's three laws of gravity, I tend to take points off. Thankfully, that didn't happen here. I was able to verify all scenes described are reasonable and within the laws of physics and gravity, thus grounding it in reality and making the spicy parts very hot.

Overall, if you know a romance novel lover in your life who will love something that has an excellent plot and lots of spicy bits, this is the book to get them or yourself.

Score

And with that in mind, "Driven by Fire" gets a score of 90/100 points, which is a 5-star review on Amazon and Goodreads.