Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 16, 2021

Mrs Y Blogs! Changes coming soon!

 Hello my friends, welcome back to my blog.

I realized a while ago that there are some things I am very good at and some things I am not great with. I think I am relatively poor at just how much it takes to edit a manuscript into a novel. I get distracted easily, and I hate my own words on the page. This revelation leads me down a Twitter rabbit hole, and I realized many writers also feel the same. The only writers I saw who didn't feel this kind of way about their writing were those who got over that hump and managed to power through this period and found persistence and consistency in their writing.

With that in mind and armed with a new mindset, I pondered on what I love to write and what I don't love to write. I took time on this, and I realized I enjoy writing reviews a whole lot. I don't know why this came naturally and I wanted to do this so I could help others to get reviews.  I have opinions and feelings on many things such as movies, web series, comics, and all sorts, not just books, so I've been thinking about this as I have gone along. 

Admittedly, I am not a professionally trained reviewer. I never took a class on how to criticize art. I probably should, and I may, but for now, I have not. 

I'm a mom with a passion for looking at things and giving my opinion to others so they can use my opinion to help them make up their mind on anything. I'm not here to tell you what to do; I'm only here to help you decide, based on my experience, and it would be up to you to gauge based on whatever I wrote to decide if you are interested in something or not. 

That's me. It's fundamental, but you likely would love my reviews if you can relate to any of this. And if not, if you read them, I appreciate it. 

Things I promise. 

1. No politics. I think we all have had enough of divisions. In the USA especially, I think we all need a break. So I won't talk about politics or put it on my platform.  

2. For now, no ads. I have no idea if I will ever change my mind on this. I tried ads once, and it went about and the Hindenburg landing so that we will chalk that up to a lesson in futility. 

3. If a show/book/movie/audiobook/series or another artwork I am reviewing is so bad that it's just horrible, I likely never will review it here. Some reviewers love to stomp on people when they are down. I am not one of them. Now, if you, as my audience, ask me to review something, and I find it bad, I may discuss it. But I don't want to give something bad more negativity. There is enough of that in the world—a one or 2-star review on something that's not fair to someone drowning in them. Me piling onto the fail pile is just that, a pile on. 

4. If, and only if, it's a product review and I found it unsafe, that's the only time I break rule 3. There's one thing to criticize art and pile on. It's another thing entirely if I found a product that has a flaw in it, and that flaw makes it dangerous. You are my readers. I take you seriously and your lives. I promise I will tell you if something I find was dangerous or caused me any problems physically. 

5. I will leave a list of how I score something so anyone can check it. And if you disagree with me, that's okay, and please tell me where you disagree and why. I'm always open to opinions. I may not change my opinion, but I will listen. 


How am I going to do this? 

Today I'm announcing something that's coming. In the coming weeks, I will be transitioning my reviews from "Blogger" to "WordPress," and with that comes some new things.

A site where comments work, and you, my readers, can subscribe properly to get notifications, and I can add cool things like bonus content to it. I want to make this successful because many people have been there for my reviews, and I want to be there for you who read them. I want the writers I've supported to be supported better, and I want this to be easier to manage on my end. 

With this there will be bonus content and features as well as the book and audiobook reviews you love from me. 

I've noticed people like my film reviews, so I'm going to formally change this to "Mrs. Y Reviews" and add films and possibly series on streaming to it. I feel good about this. 

With all my reviews, be it books, audiobooks, series, or films, you will get the same content from me. This is my perspective and honest opinion about something I am reading or watching and how I feel about it. 

So come with me on this journey. I will announce the new site when I have it ready to go, and the content will be updated as we go along. My tentative date to launch this will be September 20, because it's my birthday and I want to celebrate it with a new site.

Please journey with me! Stick around and let's enjoy this trip together!